Dilan Ellegala, M.D.
Neurosurgeon, Fellowship Trained Spine Surgeon
About Arizona Surgeon Mohamed M. Abdulhamid
Dr. Mohamed M. Abdulhamid is located in Scottsdale, Arizona. He is a graduate of the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine. His residency training in neurosurgery was at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, New York. He then pursued and completed his fellowship training in minimally invasive and complex spine surgery at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine in Miami, Florida. Out of the belief that the best approach to effective spine care is through a comprehensive multidisciplinary team approach that is centered around and focused on the patient, Dr. Abdulhamid has become the Founding Director and CEO of Royal Spine Surgery in Phoenix, Arizona, and President at Sonospine® in Scottsdale, Arizona. He works very closely with his colleagues in physical medicine and rehabilitation, physical therapy, chiropractic therapy and pain management intervention to design the best comprehensive treatment plan for his patients. When surgery is indicated, he utilizes minimally invasive techniques, non-fusion alternatives and same-day-outpatient procedures that allow faster healing and recovery.
Dr. Abdulhamid is certified in total cervical disc replacement, or artificial disc replacement, in minimally invasive Coflex® procedure, in minimally invasive discectomy and in intraoperative navigation and image-guided surgery. He is also one of a handful of neurosurgeons in the United States who is trained and certified in the Ultrasonic Spine procedure that utilizes high frequency ultrasonic vibration for precise removal of bone spurs and discs compressing the spinal cord or the nerves. In addition, having served as a trauma neurosurgeon at HonorHealth North Mountain in Phoenix, Arizona, Dr. Abdulhamid has an extensive experience in the neurosurgical management and treatment of traumatic brain and spine injuries related to sports, work and motor vehicle accidents. He is one of a few neurosurgeons in Arizona whose neurosurgical opinion and expertise have been used in the evaluation of causation of injuries. Dr. Abdulhamid and his wife live in Scottsdale and have two daughters.
Mohamed Abdulhamid, M.D.
- The New York State Neurosurgical Society Annual Meeting Award for the Best Basic Science Research Talk by a Resident. New Rochelle, NY. 06/2009.
- The Arnold P. Gold Foundation Humanism and Excellence in Teaching Award. SUNY Upstat eMedical University. Syracuse, NY. 06/2007.
- Communities for Excellence in Learning and Leadership for Society Award. 04/2004.
- View All
- 2016-Present: CEO & Founder Neurosurgery, Minimally invasive and complex spine surgery. The Royal Institute for Advanced Spine Surgery, LLC. Scottsdale, AZ
- 2013-Present: Medical Staff – Neurosurgeon: Neurosurgery, Minimally invasive and complex spine surgery. HonorHealth John C. Lincoln Medical Center. Phoenix, AZ
- 2013-Present: Medical Staff – Neurosurgeon: Neurosurgery, Minimally invasive and complex spine surgery. HonorHealth Deer Valley Medical Center. Phoenix, AZ
- View All