We Are SI Joint Pain Experts
state of the art ultrasonic SI Joint Treatment
What is SI Joint Pain ?
More than 22.5 percent of back pain sufferers’ discomfort is from the SI joint, which is located between the sacrum and ilium. Pain that emanates from the SI joint can occur for many different reasons — some are age related, while others are caused by injury or a previous lumbar fusion. Your SI joint may be causing you pain if you’ve experienced one of these events or several of these symptoms:
- Dull ache in the low back that feels like sciatica
- Pain that radiates to the groin or thigh
- Inability to sit or lie on the afflicted side
- Increased pain when climbing stairs or hills
What Are The Causes Of SI Joint Pain?
- Previous lumbar fusion
- Fall, misstep or awkward twisting or lifting
- Uneven pelvis or legs, resulting in one leg being shorter than the other
- Past pregnancy
- Forms of arthritis such as degenerative sacroiliitis
Am I the right patient for SI Joint Pain Treatment?
An SI joint fusion is a minimally invasive procedure, where the sacrum and the pelvis are joined. SonoSpine surgeons will perform the procedure through a small incision with the guidance of a fluoroscope. Because there is typically limited mobility in the SI joint without the procedure, most patients will not lose any range of motion.